The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) will come into force on 25th May 2018 and will introduce new rules to protect your personal data. The OT Service Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and intends to be fully compliant with the GDPR by May 2018.
As part of this we need to provide you with the updated privacy information set out below. This notice supplements the information in The OT Service Limited’s current Terms and Conditions.
Types of information we collect
We may collect the following information by email, telephone call or post:
- Name and job title;
- Company or organisation;
- Contact information including email address and telephone number(s);
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
- Information relevant to providing our services. This may include information about your physical and/or mental health.
What we use the information for
Your information is used to perform our contractual obligations to provide services (which may be provided to private clients or for the benefit of our company clients’ personnel) and for our internal record keeping.
We will only use information about your health with your consent and for the purpose of providing our services.
If you have given us your consent, we will also use your information (other than information about your health) to:
- Send promotional emails about new services and other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided. We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our subscription e-newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s Cookie Notice (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/);
- Contact you (by email, telephone or post) for market research purposes.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will give you the opportunity to opt out of future marketing whenever we send you marketing material via Mailchimp.
How long we keep your information
The GDPR provides that personal information should be kept in a form which permits identification of the person to whom it relates for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and processed.
As a general rule we will keep personal information about clients for 7 years and we will delete it at the end of this period.
Information, which is collected and processed to send promotional emails, and contacting you for market research purposes will be kept for 5 years or until you withdraw your consent to us holding your information for those purposes.
Who we share your details with
We will not share your personal information with third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place highly encrypted electronic systems and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Union.
How you can access your information and your other rights under the GDPR
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you by writing to Kate Sheehan at Aston House, York Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 1SF. There is no longer a charge for this service.
You should also contact this address if you would like to exercise your other rights under the GDPR (your rights to rectify or erase your personal information and your rights to restrict or object to processing and of data portability).
We will not use your personal information for automated decision making or profiling.
If you have any questions about the information in this notice, please email email@example.com or contact us at the address below.
You have the right to lodge complaints with the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way we process your personal information: www.ico.org.uk.